As promised, pictures of yesterday's work.
First of all, some pictures of the base for the Stegadon. It's a slightly converted version of the jungle base from Micro Art Studio, which I linked in a previous post; I've added some roots and extra leves with greenstuff, and removed the small lizard (was unfortunately placed right where the left hindleg of the Stegadon had to go...).
The human head in stone could probaly have been greenstuffed over, but I didn't bother with it, as the right foreleg of the Stegadon steps right over it, and hides it from view.
Any comments or criticism on the NMM job I did on the helmet between the roots? Or maybe the pictures are too small..?
Also, I was wondering wether or not the base actually gets too dark, with the relativly light coloured Stegadon on top. I've tried to tie the two pieces together, by giving the small flowers shades of pink and purple, beneath the white petals, but I'm not sure it's enough... Maybe I should try to give a couple of the plants some red edging?
Something like this...?
Even though, that's oposite of what I initially thought, but might work aswell? Any thoughts?
I'm pretty pleased with the shades of green the different leaves have gotten; don't know if the lighting was optimal on the photos, and the base therefore looks so dark; it's not that dark in the flesh... Any suggestions, or is it fine as it is?
Owh, and as to the pink horns; I've not finnished them yet, it's simply the forth out of six or seven layers. I start by painting them Scab Red, then mixes some Bronzed Flesh into it for a second layer, then even more, then I start using Bleached Bone with the red, and finally I end it with only Bleached Bone, with some Skull White added for the final highlight at the very tip.
Will have to see how much more I get to paint today, as I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Norway; spending the rest of june and july with family and friends.
Out of experience, I doubt I'll get much painting done the first couple of days, as they're usually a bit hectic, meeting everyone and stuff, but I have to finnish the model sometime next week, and I'll post updates as I go. So stay tuned!
An Industrial Narrow Gauge Adventure - the layout part thirty - The next stage in reproducing the low-relief back scene building was to add the wooden retaining strips that hold the tar paper in place. These were cons...
3 hours ago