At long last, I'm done with the first regiment of Warhounds.
I must say, I was really disapointed by the sculpts, lots of mold lines, terrible horns and tails, and I'm really not much of a fan of all those sores and tenteacles and scales, which cover most of their skins.
So, with a sharp knife and some greenstuff, I removed what I didn't like - or in the case of tails and horns, didn't glue it on - and then I simply covered it up in greenstuff, sculpted fur where the horns should have been, and made new furry tails for them aswell.
Especially with all the other new Chaos stuff being so well made, the disapointment in the dogs became double up, so to say.
When it came to painting, I wanted to stick to the black and white paint scheme I used on my Marauders, and I relearned how painfully it is to paint large areas of white, and I'm not sure if I'm happy with the way it got shaded, so any feedback and/or tips as to how I can improve it, wouldbe most welcome, as I've got as many dogs left to paint, and also got ten horses for my Marauder Horsemen, which will be painted white aswell.
Speaking of Marauder Horsemen, I couldn't help myself, and opened one of the boxes while I was painting the dogs, and before I knew it, I was cutting them out of their sprues, cleaning off mold lines and assembling them. The first 5 were undercoated and has been sitting idly waiting to be painted for the last two days, heh.
Really wonderful sculpts, so lifelike and easy to assemble and with few mold lines to speak of. I'm really looking forward to get started with them!
Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition, Warwickshire Event Centre - On Friday afternoon I popped across to the Warwickshire Events Centre to see this model engineering show. Here are just some of the models that were on d...
11 hours ago