Sunday 15 November 2009

Bretonnian Pegasus Knights - WIP

As mentioned in my previous post, I'm painting up a unit of Pegasus Knights as a christmas gift to my younger brother. I'd hoped to have one done by now, but my first two paint schemes didn't look quite right, but now on the third take, I think I'm heading in the right direction!
I'm doing three of these, and each Knight will have one of the secondary colours as his - this is obviously the purple one, heh. I'm not happy with the freehand on the shield, think I'm going to remove it, and rather use one of those water transfers that came with the box. Also I think the shield needs a yellow rim, to make it stand out a bit more. I'd like to try some freehand scrollwork on the non-shield parts of the tabards, though, but I'm having trouble finding a pattern I like - if anyone got any pictures of nice patterns I could use for inspiration, that'd be most welcome!
I also need help deciding how to paint the mane and the tail; should I keep the feathers/hairs bright, maybe give them a highlight more, or should I have them fade to dark brown/black at the points?
Owh, and hope you like it!

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic, I especially like the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work again - the purple shading and depth of colour on the cloak is just incredible. And once again your ability to paint white is outstanding... any chance of a detailed write up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!
    I'll see if I can do a write up of colours and maybe technique I have used for painting both cloth, skin and the wings.

    Any thoughts of how to do the mane and tail?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it, the purple is nicely done. I agree the trim would add an extra dimension to the shield, its hidden too much at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wings are the bomb mate - well done. I agree with Kuf about the shield - it needs edging to help define it. As for the mane/tail - maybe try the mid tone from the wings - that way it is still a colour you have already used so ties in, but is not the same as the edge/highlight level so is something different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments guys!

    I've added a yellow border to the shield, and it makes a huge difference!
    I've also started writing a tutorial on how I paint white, both the warm white I've used on this Pegasus, and the more colder white I've used in my Chaos army. So stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking really great Noeste! I'm looking forward to your white tutorial too, will come in handy at some point I'm sure! Glad to hear you've added the yellow border to the shield. Will look really good with that. Very excited to see the next progress shot on this guy and his comrades! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this! I was searching for solution for my Slaanesh Daemon Prince's wings and Google popped this up.

    ReplyDelete