Turned out I found the time for a last post before I leave for Norway.
I finished the last of the Pegasus Knights yesterday night - some of my neighbours were having a christmas party, so I figured I might as well get some painting done, with their music and noise keeping me awake anyways.
So, what have I done? Well, it took me some time to find the technique and effect I wanted, but finally I ended up using Blazing Orange glazed with Blood Red as the darkest shades, and mixed in more and more Golden Yellow for the highlights. This has made the Gallant and his mount much lighter compared to the two other Knights' clothing, but as his mount is so much darker, I think it evens out. To make him stand out more (and 'cos Iyanden Darksun didn't look very good with all the orange), all the freehand patterns were done in black. Matches the dark mount as well, I hope?
As you might have noticed, I've darkened the mount somewhat from it's pidgeon'y past, and used various shades of purple and blue, instead of grey. I hope it looks more like a raven now, but still not boring and monotonous when compared to the other two Pegasi.
So here they are, all three finished and ready to fight evil and rescue damsels in dire need of aid:
I'm not sure it's easy to spot on this picture, but I quite involuntarily had to reposition the green one. I was so overjoyed this morning that I was finished, and the light was good outside - so I thought I should get some decent pictures - that I didn't take the necessary care one should take, when I moved my models over to my couch, and set it up for a photo-session. Something (I think it was a pillow, but the incident was so traumatic that I'd rather not think to much of the details...) toppled over my brave Knights, and I heard the loud *crack* of plastic breaking.
Luckily, it was just the transparent pole holding the model onto the base that had broken off, but nevertheless, I spent one and a half hours removing it completely, drilling holes in both base and model, find some wire of decent length, and then glue it all together again. Owh, and of course fix the paint that had flaked off as I worked. Pfew!
In the end, it's turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as this enabled me to reposition the green Knight so it can rank up with the other two - earlier I was a millimetre short or so, if I wanted them to rank up and face the same way, but now they can all look the same direction! Even Johan at GW should be content now, their inability to rank up was his only critisism of the unit when I showed it to him on tuesday - apart from the black wings, but they weren't finished at that point)
My only concern now is whether my Knights will survive the flight to Norway...
I doubt I'll make any posts in Norway, and as I have an exam mid-january I doubt there'll be much activity from me until I'm through with that. But after that, I have some Dragon Ogres very much in want of some colours, plus a Sorceror in the making, so it's just going to be a short break.
Wish you all a very merry holiday and a happy New Year!
Allies of Inconvenience: Episode 35- Arks of Omen and looking towards 10th Edition - After a long hiatus we are back. Join us as Evan, Chris, and Jason along with a new guest, Chenoweth, go over a long list of hobby progress since epi...
2 hours ago