Tuesday 22 February 2011

More aquarelles and new layout

With the revival of the blog, I thought it'd be fitting to change the old layout a bit - hope you all like the changes!

Also, I found some paintings I made last year, which I thought I could upload in lack of new stuff (I am working on a couple of things, so stay tuned!). The first two are the first two tries I did at painting people, and while they might not be as good as the last ones I've made, they mean a lot to me and were important stepping stones and taught me a lot.
The third piece is something quite different; a rather minimalistic landscape picture. It's a shame my scanner isn't better; it's not able to capture very light pictures as they are, and because of this, the colours are a bit paler than they should be. Nevertheless, I wanted to upload it, 'cos I made a lot of pictures like this a couple of years ago. Reminds me of the special light of the northern parts of Norway, with its cold and salty smell...




6 comments:

  1. The layout looks great, as the drwaings! I hope to see more stuff soon ;D

    Loved the last aquarelle. Haven't yoou got a bigger version of it? I would use it as background image for my desktop for some time, if you don't mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nesbet!

    I have sent you a large version of the image by e-mail, glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noeste mate these are just as good as the last lot you showed. I particularly like the landscape.

    Picking up a definite seeside theme, looking out to see at an island, or coastline shrouded in damp/rainy weather.

    Great work mate - and again, cheers for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, this twice now that I've missed one of 'yer posts... Dammit.

    After looking at the art, you can color me impressed. Now I see why you were so picky about the minis you were sculpting awhile back.

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Pom and Larry!

    I'm forcing my brother to construct a photobox and take some pictures of his christmas-gift last year, so expect some Warhammer-related pictures in the coming days (I hope...). Hope I can convince him to make a blog of his own, we're experimenting with painting-sessions over skype together as well. If we can keep it up, the updates should become more regular.

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

    Thanks!

    Joel Houston
    JHouston791@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete